Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Jargon and Engineering: Talk Topic 2

By Ryan Ellis

The world of engineering has an imeasurable amount of terms and words that can have absolutely no meaning to virgin ears. Being lost in the conversations between professionals in the field of engineering is something I have first hand experience in, and only recently have I been able to decipher the terms and jargon they use.

 My father and his father before him are both engineering professionals. To be specific, my father leads a team of auto body welders for the Toyota Motor Company. Over fifteen years of experience working for automotive companies and component suppliers has given my dad a whole new vocabulary. Listening to conversations between my dad and work friends or other people that know the field was like listening to another language.


No comments:

Post a Comment